Remote Sensing Technicians
Digital Cartographic Technician, Geospatial Extractor, Meteorologist Liaison, Research Associate
What they do:Apply remote sensing technologies to assist scientists in areas such as natural resources, urban planning, or homeland security. May prepare flight plans or sensor configurations for flight trips.
On the job, you would:
- Collect geospatial data, using technologies such as aerial photography, light and radio wave detection systems, digital satellites, or thermal energy systems.
- Verify integrity and accuracy of data contained in remote sensing image analysis systems.
- Integrate remotely sensed data with other geospatial data.
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- product and service development
- customer service
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Operating system software
- Microsoft Windows Server
- UNIX Shell
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Camera Operators, Television, Video, & Film
- Electro-Mechanical & Mechatronics Technologists & Technicians
- Geodetic Surveyors
- Geological Technicians
- Remote Sensing Scientists & Technologists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about remote sensing technicians.