Business Teachers, Postsecondary
Business Instructor, Business Professor, Instructor, Professor
What they do:Teach courses in business administration and management, such as accounting, finance, human resources, labor and industrial relations, marketing, and operations research. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as financial accounting, principles of marketing, and operations management.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- accounting and economics
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Computer based training software
- Blackboard software
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
doctoral degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Career/Technical Education Teachers, Secondary School
- Economics Teachers, Postsecondary
- Instructional Coordinators
- Law Teachers, Postsecondary
- Management Analysts
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about business teachers, postsecondary.