Economics Teachers, Postsecondary
Economics Professor, Instructor, Professor, Professor of Economics
What they do:
Teach courses in economics. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as econometrics, price theory, and macroeconomics.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- The MathWorks MATLAB
Computer based training software
- Blackboard Learn
- Learning management system LMS
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
doctoral degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
- Area, Ethnic, & Cultural Studies Teachers, Postsecondary
- Atmospheric, Earth, Marine, & Space Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary
- Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary
- Forestry & Conservation Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Library Science Teachers, Postsecondary
You might like a career in one of these industries: