Political Science Teachers, Postsecondary
Associate Professor, Political Science Instructor, Political Science Professor, Professor
What they do:Teach courses in political science, international affairs, and international relations. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as classical political thought, international relations, and democracy and citizenship.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- history and archeology
Safety and Government
- law and government
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
- talking to others
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Computer based training software
- Learning management system LMS
Analytical or scientific software
- Empirisoft MediaLab
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Economics Teachers, Postsecondary
- History Teachers, Postsecondary
- Law Teachers, Postsecondary
- Political Scientists
- Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about political science teachers, postsecondary.