Architecture Teachers, Postsecondary
Architecture Professor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor
What they do:Teach courses in architecture and architectural design, such as architectural environmental design, interior architecture/design, and landscape architecture. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as architectural design methods, aesthetics and design, and structures and materials.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- music, dance, visual arts, drama, or sculpture
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- reading work related information
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk Revit
- Trimble SketchUp Pro
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Computer based training software
- Learning management system LMS
- Sakai CLE
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
doctoral degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Art, Drama, & Music Teachers, Postsecondary
- Career/Technical Education Teachers, Middle School
- Career/Technical Education Teachers, Postsecondary
- Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary
- Landscape Architects
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about architecture teachers, postsecondary.