Social Work Teachers, Postsecondary
Assistant Professor, Professor, Social Work Associate Professor, Social Work Professor
What they do:Teach courses in social work. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, or handouts.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
- therapy and counseling
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- talking to others
- using the best training or teaching strategies for learning new things
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Computer based training software
- Learning management system LMS
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
doctoral degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Education Teachers, Postsecondary
- Family & Consumer Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary
- Psychology Teachers, Postsecondary
- Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary
- Special Education Teachers, Elementary School
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about social work teachers, postsecondary.