Special Education Teachers, Elementary School
Severe Emotional Disorders Elementary Teacher (SED Elementary Teacher), Special Education Inclusion Teacher, Special Education Resource Teacher, Special Education Teacher
What they do:Teach academic, social, and life skills to elementary school students with learning, emotional, or physical disabilities. Includes teachers who specialize and work with students who are blind or have visual impairments; students who are deaf or have hearing impairments; and students with intellectual disabilities.
On the job, you would:
- Administer standardized ability and achievement tests to elementary students with special needs.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, or teacher training workshops to maintain or improve professional competence.
- Collaborate with other teachers or administrators to develop, evaluate, or revise elementary school programs.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Computer based training software
- Rethink Ed
Device drivers or system software
- Screen reader software
- The vOICe Learning Edition
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Adult Basic Education, Adult Secondary Education, & English as a Second Language Instructors
- Special Education Teachers, Kindergarten
- Special Education Teachers, Middle School
- Special Education Teachers, Preschool
- Special Education Teachers, Secondary School
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about special education teachers, elementary school.