Special Education Teachers, Middle School
Intervention Specialist, Middle School Special Education Teacher, Special Education Resource Teacher, Teacher
What they do:Teach academic, social, and life skills to middle school students with learning, emotional, or physical disabilities. Includes teachers who specialize and work with students who are blind or have visual impairments; students who are deaf or have hearing impairments; and students with intellectual disabilities.
On the job, you would:
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Modify the general education curriculum for special-needs students, based upon a variety of instructional techniques and instructional technology.
- Develop or write Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for students.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- customer service
- talking to others
- figuring out how to use new ideas or things
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Pear Deck
Computer based training software
Video creation and editing software
- Video editing software
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
master's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Adult Basic Education, Adult Secondary Education, & English as a Second Language Instructors
- Special Education Teachers, Elementary School
- Special Education Teachers, Kindergarten
- Special Education Teachers, Preschool
- Special Education Teachers, Secondary School
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about special education teachers, middle school.