Teaching Assistants, Special Education
Special Education Aide, Special Education Paraprofessional, Special Education Teacher Assistant
What they do:Assist a preschool, elementary, middle, or secondary school teacher to provide academic, social, or life skills to students who have learning, emotional, or physical disabilities. Serve in a position for which a teacher has primary responsibility for the design and implementation of educational programs and services.
On the job, you would:
- Assist in bus loading and unloading.
- Assist librarians in school libraries.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees, as required.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Computer based training software
Data base user interface and query software
- Blackboard software
- Student information systems SIS
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Instructional Coordinators
- Special Education Teachers, Elementary School
- Special Education Teachers, Kindergarten
- Special Education Teachers, Secondary School
- Teaching Assistants, Preschool, Elementary, Middle, & Secondary School
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about teaching assistants, special education.