Communications Teachers, Postsecondary
Communication Instructor, Communication Professor, Instructor, Professor
What they do:Teach courses in communications, such as organizational communications, public relations, radio/television broadcasting, and journalism. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- philosophy and religion
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Computer based training software
- Learning management system LMS
Video creation and editing software
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- Video production software
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
master's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Education Teachers, Postsecondary
- English Language & Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
- Library Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Political Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about communications teachers, postsecondary.