History Teachers, Postsecondary
Also called: History Instructor, History Professor, Instructor, Professor
What they do:Teach courses in human history and historiography. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as ancient history, postwar civilizations, and the history of third-world countries.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
Arts and Humanities
- history and archeology
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Safety and Government
- law and government
Math and Science
- talking to others
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer based training software
- Blackboard Learn
Word processing software
Electronic mail software