Home Economics Teachers, Postsecondary
Also called: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Instructor, Professor
What they do:Teach courses in childcare, family relations, finance, nutrition, and related subjects pertaining to home management. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work, projects, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as food science, nutrition, and child care.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- customer service
Math and Science
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer based training software
- Blackboard Learn
Word processing software
Electronic mail software
- Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement Teachers, Postsecondary
- Foreign Language & Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
- Library Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Psychology Teachers, Postsecondary
- Social Work Teachers, Postsecondary
You might like a career in one of these industries: