Also called: Lead Teacher, Pre-Kindergarten Teacher (Pre-K Teacher), Preschool Teacher, Teacher
What they do:Instruct preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth needed for primary school in preschool, day care center, or other child development facility. May be required to hold State certification.
On the job, you would:
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Teach basic skills, such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- customer service
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- talking to others
- using the best training or teaching strategies for learning new things
- teaching people how to do something
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- create new and original ideas
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
Computer based training software
- Children's educational software
- Adult Basic & Secondary Education & Literacy Teachers & Instructors
- Career/Technical Education Teachers, Middle School
- Recreational Therapists
- Rehabilitation Counselors
- Special Education Teachers, Middle School
You might like a career in one of these industries: