Bilingual Kindergarten Teacher, Classroom Teacher, Kinder Teacher, Teacher
What they do:Teach academic and social skills to kindergarten students.
On the job, you would:
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Prepare children for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students' varying needs and interests.
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- customer service
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- come up with lots of ideas
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Computer based training software
- Children's educational software
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Elementary School Teachers
- Middle School Teachers
- Preschool Teachers
- Special Education Teachers, Elementary School
- Special Education Teachers, Kindergarten
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about kindergarten teachers.