Adult Basic Education, Adult Secondary Education, & English as a Second Language Instructors
Adult Basic Education Instructor (ABE Instructor), ESL Instructor (English as a Second Language Instructor), GED Instructor (General Educational Development Instructor), Teacher
- Observe and evaluate students' work to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement.
- Observe students to determine qualifications, limitations, abilities, interests, and other individual characteristics.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- customer service
- administrative services
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Google Workspace software
- Microsoft Office software
Computer based training software
- Blackboard software
Multi-media educational software
Get started on your career: