Academic Coach, Academic Guidance Specialist, Professional Tutor, Tutor
What they do:Instruct individual students or small groups of students in academic subjects to support formal class instruction or to prepare students for standardized or admissions tests.
On the job, you would:
- Provide feedback to students, using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, or build confidence in students.
- Review class material with students by discussing text, working solutions to problems, or reviewing worksheets or other assignments.
- Assess students' progress throughout tutoring sessions.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- come up with lots of ideas
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Social Orientation
You might use software like this on the job:
Video conferencing software
- Google Meet
Computer based training software
Multi-media educational software
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Adult Basic Education, Adult Secondary Education, & English as a Second Language Instructors
- Middle School Teachers
- Secondary School Teachers
- Special Education Teachers, Elementary School
- Teaching Assistants, Preschool, Elementary, Middle, & Secondary School
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about tutors.