Also called: Artistic Director, Casting Assistant, Casting Associate, Casting Director
What they do:Audition and interview performers to select most appropriate talent for parts in stage, television, radio, or motion picture productions.
On the job, you would:
- Review performer information, such as photos, resumes, voice tapes, videos, and union membership, to decide whom to audition for parts.
- Read scripts and confer with producers to determine the types and numbers of performers required for a given production.
- Select performers for roles or submit lists of suitable performers to producers or directors for final selection.
Arts and Humanities
- music, dance, visual arts, drama, or sculpture
- English language
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- bringing people together to solve differences
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- create new and original ideas
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
Web page creation and editing software
- Blogging software
- Website development software