Musicians & Singers
Choir Member, Musician, Singer, Violinist
What they do:Play one or more musical instruments or sing. May perform on stage, for broadcasting, or for sound or video recording.
On the job, you would:
- Perform before live audiences in concerts, recitals, educational presentations, and other social gatherings.
- Sing a cappella or with musical accompaniment.
- Interpret or modify music, applying knowledge of harmony, melody, rhythm, and voice production to individualize presentations and maintain audience interest.
Arts and Humanities
- music, dance, visual arts, drama, or sculpture
- English language
- talking to others
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
Hearing and Speech
- tell the difference between sounds
- pay attention to one sound while there are other distracting sounds
- quickly know what you are looking at
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Web page creation and editing software
- Blogging software
Video creation and editing software
Music or sound editing software
- Avid Technology Pro Tools
- iZotope Ozone
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Art, Drama, & Music Teachers, Postsecondary
- Music Directors & Composers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about musicians and singers.