Poets, Lyricists & Creative Writers
Author, Freelance Writer, Novelist, Songwriter
- Write fiction or nonfiction prose, such as short stories, novels, biographies, articles, descriptive or critical analyses, and essays.
- Develop factors such as themes, plots, characterizations, psychological analyses, historical environments, action, and dialogue to create material.
- Prepare works in appropriate format for publication, and send them to publishers or producers.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- writing things for co-workers or customers
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by writing
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- come up with lots of ideas
- create new and original ideas
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Apple iWork Pages
- Microsoft Word
Desktop communications software
Web page creation and editing software
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: