Writers & Authors
Advertisement Agency Copywriter (Ad Agency Copywriter), Advertising Copywriter, Copywriter, Freelance Copywriter
What they do:Originate and prepare written material, such as scripts, stories, advertisements, and other material.
On the job, you would:
- Develop advertising campaigns for a wide range of clients, working with an advertising agency's creative director and art director to determine the best way to present advertising information.
- Vary language and tone of messages based on product and medium.
- Present drafts and ideas to clients.
- sales and marketing
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- writing things for co-workers or customers
- reading work related information
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by writing
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- come up with lots of ideas
- create new and original ideas
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Video creation and editing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects
Web page creation and editing software
Cloud-based data access and sharing software
- Microsoft SharePoint
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Advertising Sales Agents
- News Analysts, Reporters, & Journalists
- Poets, Lyricists & Creative Writers
- Public Relations Specialists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about writers and authors.