Search Marketing Strategists
Digital Media Planner, Online Marketing Consultant, Paid Search Strategist, SEO Strategist (Search Engine Optimization Strategist)
What they do:Employ search marketing tactics to increase visibility and engagement with content, products, or services in Internet-enabled devices or interfaces. Examine search query behaviors on general or specialty search engines or other Internet-based content. Analyze research, data, or technology to understand user intent and measure outcomes for ongoing optimization.
On the job, you would:
- Manage tracking and reporting of search-related activities and provide analyses to marketing executives.
- Optimize digital assets, such as text, graphics, or multimedia assets, for search engine optimization (SEO) or for display and usability on internet-connected devices.
- Collect and analyze Web metrics, such as visits, time on site, page views per visit, transaction volume and revenue, traffic mix, click-through rates, conversion rates, cost per acquisition, or cost per click.
- sales and marketing
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- reading work related information
- figuring out how to use new ideas or things
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- come up with lots of ideas
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Web platform development software
- Microsoft ASP.NET
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Structured query language SQL
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Advertising & Promotions Managers
- Business Intelligence Analysts
- Market Research Analysts & Marketing Specialists
- Marketing Managers
- Web & Digital Interface Designers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about search marketing strategists.