Public Relations Specialists
Communications Specialist, Public Affairs Specialist, Public Information Officer, Public Relations Specialist (PR Specialist)
What they do:Promote or create an intended public image for individuals, groups, or organizations. May write or select material for release to various communications media. May specialize in using social media.
On the job, you would:
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Plan or direct development or communication of programs to maintain favorable public or stockholder perceptions of an organization's accomplishments, agenda, or environmental responsibility.
- Post and update content on the company's Web site and social media outlets.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Web page creation and editing software
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Creative Cloud software
Web platform development software
- Cascading style sheets CSS
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Advertising & Promotions Managers
- Fundraising Managers
- Market Research Analysts & Marketing Specialists
- Public Relations Managers
- Writers & Authors
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about public relations specialists.