Public Relations Specialists
Communications Specialist, Public Affairs Specialist, Public Information Officer, Public Relations Specialist (PR Specialist)
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Plan or direct development or communication of programs to maintain favorable public or stockholder perceptions of an organization's accomplishments, agenda, or environmental responsibility.
- Post and update content on the company's Web site and social media outlets.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Web page creation and editing software
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Creative Cloud software
Web platform development software
- Cascading style sheets CSS
Get started on your career: