Film & Video Editors
Editor, Film Editor, News Editor, Video Editor
- Organize and string together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts or the instructions of directors and producers.
- Edit films and videotapes to insert music, dialogue, and sound effects, to arrange films into sequences, and to correct errors, using editing equipment.
- Select and combine the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- music, dance, visual arts, drama, or sculpture
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- product and service development
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
- come up with lots of ideas
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Video creation and editing software
Web platform development software
- Cascading style sheets CSS
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Creative Cloud software
Get started on your career: