Also called: General Pediatrician, Medical Doctor (MD), Pediatrician, Physician
What they do:Physicians who diagnose, treat, and help prevent children's diseases and injuries.
On the job, you would:
- Examine children regularly to assess their growth and development.
- Treat children who have minor illnesses, acute and chronic health problems, and growth and development concerns.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, or examination results.
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- customer service
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- see hidden patterns
- quickly know what you are looking at
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
- Advanced Data Systems MedicsDocAssistant for Pediatrics
- EMR Experts Pediatric EMR
Information retrieval or search software
- Drug reference software
- Medical information databases
Electronic mail software
- Email software