Board Certified Dermatologist, Dermatologist Physician, MD (Medical Doctor), Mohs Surgeon
What they do:Diagnose and treat diseases relating to the skin, hair, and nails. May perform both medical and dermatological surgery functions.
On the job, you would:
- Conduct complete skin examinations.
- Diagnose and treat pigmented lesions such as common acquired nevi, congenital nevi, dysplastic nevi, Spitz nevi, blue nevi, or melanoma.
- Perform incisional biopsies to diagnose melanoma.
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- see hidden patterns
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Bizmatics PrognoCIS EMR
- eClinicalWorks EHR software
Video conferencing software
- Cisco Webex
- Microsoft Excel
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
doctoral degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about dermatologists.