Radiologic Technologists & Technicians
Computed Tomography Technologist (CT Tech), Radiographer, Radiologic Technologist (RT), X-Ray Technologist (X-Ray Tech)
- Position imaging equipment and adjust controls to set exposure time and distance, according to specification of examination.
- Position patient on examining table and set up and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
- Monitor patients' conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physician.
- medicine and dentistry
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
- administrative services
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- eClinicalWorks EHR software
- MEDITECH software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
certificate after high school
Get started on your career: