First Responder, Flight Paramedic
What they do:Administer basic or advanced emergency medical care and assess injuries and illnesses. May administer medication intravenously, use equipment such as EKGs, or administer advanced life support to sick or injured individuals.
On the job, you would:
- Administer drugs, orally or by injection, or perform intravenous procedures.
- Administer first aid treatment or life support care to sick or injured persons in prehospital settings.
- Assess nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Information retrieval or search software
- TechOnSoftware HazMatCE Pro
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Critical Care Nurses
- Emergency Medical Technicians
- Licensed Practical & Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Registered Nurses
- Surgical Assistants
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about paramedics.