Emergency Medical Technicians
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), First Responder
What they do:Assess injuries and illnesses and administer basic emergency medical care. May transport injured or sick persons to medical facilities.
On the job, you would:
- Administer first aid treatment or life support care to sick or injured persons in prehospital settings.
- Assess nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures.
- Attend training classes to maintain certification licensure, keep abreast of new developments in the field, or maintain existing knowledge.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Information retrieval or search software
- TechOnSoftware HazMatCE Pro
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Ambulance Drivers & Attendants
- Licensed Practical & Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Registered Nurses
- Surgical Assistants
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about emergency medical technicians.