Ambulance Drivers & Attendants
Ambulance Driver, Driver, EMS Driver (Emergency Medical Services Driver), First Responder
What they do:Drive ambulance or assist ambulance driver in transporting sick, injured, or convalescent persons. Assist in lifting patients.
On the job, you would:
- Remove and replace soiled linens or equipment to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Drive ambulances or assist ambulance drivers in transporting sick, injured, or convalescent persons.
- Report facts concerning accidents or emergencies to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- law and government
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- quickly decide if you should move your hand, foot, or other body part
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Helpdesk or call center software
- Computer aided dispatch software
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Emergency Medical Technicians
- Nursing Assistants
- Public Safety Telecommunicators
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about ambulance drivers and attendants.