Certified Professional Midwife (CPM), Homebirth Midwife, Licensed Certified Professional Midwife, Licensed Midwife (LM)
What they do:Provide prenatal care and childbirth assistance.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor maternal condition during labor by checking vital signs, monitoring uterine contractions, or performing physical examinations.
- Identify tubal and ectopic pregnancies and refer patients for treatments.
- Provide necessary medical care for infants at birth, including emergency care such as resuscitation.
- customer service
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- MEDITECH software
- Private Practice
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
certificate after high school or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Family Medicine Physicians
- Nurse Midwives
- Nurse Practitioners
- Obstetricians & Gynecologists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about midwives.