Also called: Certified Professional Midwife; Licensed Midwife; Licensed Midwife, Certified Professional Midwife; Midwife
What they do:Provide prenatal care and childbirth assistance.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor maternal condition during labor by checking vital signs, monitoring uterine contractions, or performing physical examinations.
- Monitor fetal growth and well-being through heartbeat detection, body measurement, and palpation.
- Identify, monitor, or treat pregnancy-related problems such as hypertension, gestational diabetes, pre-term labor, or retarded fetal growth.
- customer service
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software