Certified Endo Tech (Certified Endoscopy Technician), Certified Flexible Endoscope Reprocessor (CFER), Endoscopy Technician (Endoscopy Tech), GI Tech (Gastrointestinal Technician)
- Clean, disinfect, or calibrate scopes or other endoscopic instruments according to manufacturer recommendations and facility standards.
- Collect specimens from patients, using standard medical procedures.
- Perform safety checks to verify proper equipment functioning.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
- medicine and dentistry
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- MEDITECH software
- Patient electronic medical record EMR software
certificate after high school
Get started on your career: