Fire Captain, Fire Engineer, Fire Fighter, Firefighter
What they do:
Control and extinguish municipal fires, protect life and property and conduct rescue efforts.
On the job, you would:
- Search burning buildings to locate fire victims.
- Rescue victims from burning buildings, accident sites, and water hazards.
- Administer first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation to injured persons.
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- law and government
- customer service
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- looking for ways to help people
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- quickly decide if you should move your hand, foot, or other body part
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Affiliated Computer Services ACS FIREHOUSE
- Microsoft Access
Office suite software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office