Waiters & Waitresses
Also called: Food Server, Server, Waiter, Waitress
What they do:Take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment.
On the job, you would:
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from customers.
- Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- customer service
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- food production
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Point of sale POS software
- Compris Advanced Manager's Workstation
- Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale