Waiters & Waitresses
Also called: Food Server, Server, Waiter, Waitress
What they do:Take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment.
On the job, you would:
- Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Check patrons' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- food production
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Social Orientation
You might use software like this on the job:
Point of sale POS software
- Compris Advanced Manager's Workstation
- Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale