Pest Control Workers
Exterminator, Pest Control Technician (Pest Control Tech), Pest Technician, Residential Pest Control Technician
What they do:Apply or release chemical solutions or toxic gases and set traps to kill or remove pests and vermin that infest buildings and surrounding areas.
On the job, you would:
- Record work activities performed.
- Inspect premises to identify infestation source and extent of damage to property, wall, or roof porosity and access to infested locations.
- Recommend treatment and prevention methods for pest problems to clients.
- customer service
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
Hearing and Speech
- speak clearly
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Microsoft Word
- Report writing software
Video creation and editing software
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
- Marathon Data Systems PestPac
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, & Groundskeeping Workers
- Hazardous Materials Removal Workers
- Landscaping & Groundskeeping Workers
- Pesticide Handlers, Sprayers, & Applicators, Vegetation
- Septic Tank Servicers & Sewer Pipe Cleaners
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about pest control workers.