Aquarist, Dog Groomer, Groomer, Kennel Technician (Kennel Tech)
- Feed and water animals according to schedules and feeding instructions.
- Provide treatment to sick or injured animals, or contact veterinarians to secure treatment.
- Examine and observe animals to detect signs of illness, disease, or injury.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- CEEJS The Pet Groomer's Secretary
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Calendar and scheduling software
- DaySmart Software Appointment-Plus
Get started on your career: