Veterinary Assistants & Laboratory Animal Caretakers
Animal Care Provider, Animal Caregiver, Certified Veterinary Assistant, Veterinarian Assistant (Vet Assistant)
- Hold or restrain animals during veterinary procedures.
- Monitor animals recovering from surgery and notify veterinarians of any unusual changes or symptoms.
- Fill medication prescriptions.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- medicine and dentistry
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- McAllister Software Systems AVImark
- Practice management software PMS
certificate after high school
Get started on your career: