Funeral Assistant, Funeral Attendant, Funeral Home Assistant, Funeral Home Associate
What they do:Perform a variety of tasks during funeral, such as placing casket in parlor or chapel prior to service, arranging floral offerings or lights around casket, directing or escorting mourners, closing casket, and issuing and storing funeral equipment.
On the job, you would:
- Greet people at the funeral home.
- Perform a variety of tasks during funerals to assist funeral directors and to ensure that services run smoothly and as planned.
- Transport the deceased to the funeral home.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- talking to others
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Bookkeeping software
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office software
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Crematory Operators
- Funeral Home Managers
- Morticians, Undertakers, & Funeral Arrangers
- Personal Care Aides
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about funeral attendants.