What they do:Operate crematory equipment to reduce human or animal remains to bone fragments in accordance with state and local regulations. Duties may include preparing the body for cremation and performing general maintenance on crematory equipment. May use traditional flame-based cremation, calcination, or alkaline hydrolysis.
On the job, you would:
- Clean the crematorium, including tables, floors, and equipment.
- Document divided remains to ensure parts are not misplaced.
- Embalm, dress, or otherwise prepare the deceased for viewing.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Data base user interface and query software
- Belmar & Associates Mortware
- HMIS Advantage
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Funeral Attendants
- Funeral Home Managers
- Morticians, Undertakers, & Funeral Arrangers
- Recycling & Reclamation Workers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about crematory operators.