Counter & Rental Clerks
Also called: Counter Clerk, Rental Agent, Rental Sales Representative, Video Clerk
What they do:Receive orders, generally in person, for repairs, rentals, and services. May describe available options, compute costs, and accept payment.
On the job, you would:
- Compute charges for merchandise or services and receive payments.
- Receive orders for services, such as rentals, repairs, dry cleaning, and storage.
- Explain rental fees, policies, and procedures.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
- Oracle software
Electronic mail software
- Gaming & Sports Book Writers & Runners
- Gaming Change Persons & Booth Cashiers
- Hosts & Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, & Coffee Shop
- Receptionists & Information Clerks
- Reservation & Transportation Ticket Agents & Travel Clerks
You might like a career in one of these industries: