Sales Representatives, Wholesale & Manufacturing
Outside Sales Representative, Sales Consultant, Sales Representative (Sales Rep), Salesman
What they do:Sell goods for wholesalers or manufacturers to businesses or groups of individuals. Work requires substantial knowledge of items sold.
On the job, you would:
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
- sales and marketing
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- bringing people together to solve differences
- talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- come up with lots of ideas
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics
- SAP software
Data base user interface and query software
- Blackboard software
- Yardi software
Customer relationship management CRM software
- Salesforce software
- Soffront CRM Portal
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Advertising Sales Agents
- Sales Engineers
- Sales Representatives of Services
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale & Manufacturing, Technical & Scientific Products
- Wholesale & Retail Buyers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about sales representatives, wholesale and manufacturing.