Postal Service Mail Carriers
Also called: City Letter Carrier, Letter Carrier, Mail Carrier, Rural Carrier Associate (RCA)
What they do:Sort mail for delivery. Deliver mail on established route by vehicle or on foot.
On the job, you would:
- Scan labels on letters or parcels to confirm receipt.
- Obtain signed receipts for registered, certified, and insured mail, collect associated charges, and complete any necessary paperwork.
- Return to the post office with mail collected from homes, businesses, and public mailboxes.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Address Management System AMS
- Automated Data Collection System ADCS
- Delivery operations information system DOIS
Operating system software