Drywall & Ceiling Tile Installers
Drywall Finisher, Drywall Hanger, Drywall Installer, Metal Framer
- Read blueprints or other specifications to determine methods of installation, work procedures, or material or tool requirements.
- Measure and mark surfaces to lay out work, according to blueprints or drawings, using tape measures, straightedges or squares, and marking devices.
- Fit and fasten wallboard or drywall into position on wood or metal frameworks, using glue, nails, or screws.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
- use your lower back and stomach
- lift, push, pull, or carry
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Microsoft Word
- Wilhelm Publishing Threshold
Project management software
- DevWave Estimate Works
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- Job costing software
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: