Weatherization Installers & Technicians
Also called: Housing Director, Lead Weatherization Installer-Technician, Weatherization Director, Weatherization Installer
What they do:Perform a variety of activities to weatherize homes and make them more energy efficient. Duties include repairing windows, insulating ducts, and performing heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) work. May perform energy audits and advise clients on energy conservation measures.
On the job, you would:
- Test and diagnose air flow systems, using furnace efficiency analysis equipment.
- Inspect buildings to identify required weatherization measures, including repair work, modification, or replacement.
- Maintain activity logs, financial transaction logs, or other records of weatherization work performed.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- customer service
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
Customer relationship management CRM software
- Salesforce.com Salesforce CRM
Office suite software
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.