Security & Fire Alarm Systems Installers
Also called: Alarm Technician, Fire Alarm Technician, Installation Technician, Service Technician
What they do:Install, program, maintain, or repair security or fire alarm wiring and equipment. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
On the job, you would:
- Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, or related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Mount and fasten control panels, door and window contacts, sensors, or video cameras and attach electrical and telephone wiring to connect components.
- Demonstrate systems for customers and explain details, such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- building and construction
- customer service
- talking to others
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Network monitoring software