What they do:Set up, maintain, and dismantle light fixtures, lighting control devices, and the associated lighting electrical and rigging equipment used for photography, television, film, video, and live productions. May focus or operate light fixtures, or attach color filters or other lighting accessories.
On the job, you would:
- Assess safety of wiring or equipment set-up to determine the risk of fire or electrical shock.
- Consult with lighting director or production staff to determine lighting requirements.
- Disassemble and store equipment after performances.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- FileMaker Pro
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Technologists & Technicians
- Electrical & Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Electrical & Electronics Installers & Repairers, Transportation Equipment
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about lighting technicians.