Automotive Body & Related Repairers
Also called: Auto Body Man, Auto Body Technician, Body Man, Body Technician
What they do:Repair and refinish automotive vehicle bodies and straighten vehicle frames.
On the job, you would:
- Follow supervisors' instructions as to which parts to restore or replace and how much time the job should take.
- Review damage reports, prepare or review repair cost estimates, and plan work to be performed.
- Sand body areas to be painted and cover bumpers, windows, and trim with masking tape or paper to protect them from the paint.
Engineering and Technology
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- AutoZone ALLDATA
- Equipment management information software
- Accounts receivable software
Operating system software
- Electric Motor, Power Tool, & Related Repairers
- Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Installers & Repairers
- Outdoor Power Equipment & Other Small Engine Mechanics
- Pipe Fitters & Steamfitters
- Printing Press Operators
You might like a career in one of these industries: