Automotive Glass Installers & Repairers
Automotive Glass Installer (Auto Glass Installer), Automotive Glass Technician (Auto Glass Technician), Glass Installer Technician, Glass Technician
What they do:Replace or repair broken windshields and window glass in motor vehicles.
On the job, you would:
- Prime all scratches on pinchwelds with primer and allow to dry.
- Remove all dirt, foreign matter, and loose glass from damaged areas, apply primer along windshield or window edges, and allow primer to dry.
- Allow all glass parts installed with urethane ample time to cure, taking temperature and humidity into account.
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Operating system software
- Microsoft Windows
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Workday software
Data base user interface and query software
- Recordkeeping software
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Automotive Body & Related Repairers
- Automotive Service Technicians & Mechanics
- Cleaners of Vehicles & Equipment
- Molders, Shapers, & Casters
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about automotive glass installers and repairers.