Medical Equipment Repairers
Biomed Tech (Biomedical Technician), Biomedical Electronics Technician, Biomedical Engineering Technician (BMET), Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET)
What they do:Test, adjust, or repair biomedical or electromedical equipment.
On the job, you would:
- Inspect and test malfunctioning medical or related equipment, following manufacturers' specifications and using test and analysis instruments.
- Test or calibrate components or equipment, following manufacturers' manuals and troubleshooting techniques, using hand tools, power tools, or measuring devices.
- Keep records of maintenance, repair, and required updates of equipment.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- customer service
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
Hand and Finger Use
- put together small parts with your fingers
- hold or move items with your hands
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Video conferencing software
- Medical equipment diagnostic software
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Aerospace Engineering & Operations Technologists & Technicians
- Calibration Technologists & Technicians
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Technologists & Technicians
- Electrical & Electronics Repairers, Commercial & Industrial Equipment
- Medical Appliance Technicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about medical equipment repairers.