Musical Instrument Repairers & Tuners
Banjo Repair Person, Luthier, Piano Technician, Piano Tuner
- Play instruments to evaluate their sound quality and to locate any defects.
- Adjust string tensions to tune instruments, using hand tools and electronic tuning devices.
- Reassemble instruments following repair, using hand tools and power tools and glue, hair, yarn, resin, or clamps, and lubricate instruments as necessary.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- music, dance, visual arts, drama, or sculpture
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
Hearing and Speech
- tell the difference between sounds
- pay attention to one sound while there are other distracting sounds
- communicate by speaking
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Katsura Shareware KS Strobe Tuner
- Veritune Verituner
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: